Sunday 11 July 2010

Getting smaller

This week has been VERY busy workwise - sports day / Alton Towers / German exchange / Y11 prom, so I've focussed on getting some smaller things done.

Like this quilt top:



Now, other people have said that this is fine, but the top left hand corner isn't right, so I need to unpick it and restitch it (if even Mr Z&Z comments that its not good enough - I know it must be quite a glaring error!).

The top is about 8" square - I couldn't find anything sensible to photograph to give a sense of scale - at least, without moving off the chair - so in the interests of idleness, I put a pencil on it to give an idea of scale.

Of course, it still needs to be quilted - I'm hopeful that being so small, it will at least stand a chance of getting completed, as I won't be able to use my usual excuse of not being able to find a space large enough to lay it out flat......

The garden has been very productive - plenty of cherries:


a lot of which have just been bottled up in brandy (I'd hoped this was just a case of pouring it in neat, but no such luckl.  Lots of boiling up sugar syrup and poaching fruit, before putting it away.  And the lovely red colour seems to bleach out of the fruit as well).

This is the first crop that we've had from the tree - usually the birds get there well before us - but this year there was more than enough to go round.  I do wonder if the hard winter has meant a heavier crop, in some sort of way?

1 comment:

Jennyff said...

I don't see what's wrong with the quilt but we always see our own mistakes so well don't we. It is very pretty especially now I see the scale of it. Maybe after some brandied cherries it would look fine.