Thursday 11 December 2008

Back Again!!!


I have been very remiss in keeping up to date.

Work completely swamped me. In fact, it still is, but with only a week to go until the Christmas holidays start, I'm starting to feel as though maybe there will be a short respite, and a space in which to assess what's really important.

I wanted to post some pictures of the only things that I've manged to do - some teeny tiny tree ornaments - but the camera appears to be in a bag - under my desk - at work.....

So instead, there's a couple of pictures from a workshop that I attended earlier this year with Nottingham Patchwork group.

It was led by Jenny Rolfe, and they are (very small) wall hangings.

These are ones done by members of the group:





... and this is mine.

I was once given some advice about what fabric to choose for a workshop - and the advice was that if in doubt, always use Christmas colours. That way, you may even finish it - and even if you don't want it yourself, you can always use it as a present.... Hence the Red / green / gold colour choice (and my local quilt shop often has Christmas fabric reduced straight after Christmas, which is ALWAYS a good idea).

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh how gorgeous are those little wallhangings! Are they cathedral windows, but folded fancy? Oh I have to try!!!

I also LOVE your suggestion about using Christmas fabrics for workshops. I think I am going to start doing that! :)