Wednesday 24 December 2008

Not so domestic goddess

I thought I'd make my own mince pies this year. My mother always made it look so easy.

All the ingredients were in place - so no excuse there.

But once again, when faced with a choice of activities, I choose the one I'd like to do instead of the one that I should be doing.

So today I tidied out my sewing room - sorted stash, put projects into boxes - the whole shebang!

But that has mean that I've just finished the mince pies - and the Christmas cake has only just been marzipaned!!!!

EEEEK.

No chance at all that it will get iced by tomorrow - last year (there seems to be a pattern here) I iced it on Christmas morning at about 6am.

It was

a

DISASTER

The icing was still soft (of course) - but luckily the assembled guests were so full of Christmas lunch that they didn't want the cake anyway.

So here are my mince pies - somehow they really don't look like the ones in the recipe books



especially this rather strange one...





and heres my cake so so far.......



1 comment:

Four Smiles said...

Hi there,
I hope that your mince pies and chrissie cake turned out and that you had a wonderful christmas. It has been a while since I popped in to visit you I have been unwell, but thought I'd let you know that I am around again and I have changed my blog (I was quiltingscraps)Our new baby girl has arrived and she is just gorgeous. All the best to you and your family cheers Erica