Saturday 12 June 2010

Halfterm project completed (well, the top anyway...)


I started this last week (it was half term), and spent 4 hours today sewing on the borders. It's from the Eleanor Burns book Quick trip Quilts and is made up from 24 fat quarters. It went together very quickly and painlessly, as all her patterns do, but once again I seem to have misread the dimensions. As you can see, it takes two people to hold it up (thanks Ann and Anne!!).

But there is no way that I can cram this through my domestic machine - well, I could, but it won't be a pleasant experience. So once the finances are a bit more secure (there was an emergency dentist trip last week which proved to be VERY expensive), it's going off to a long arm quilter. I had planned to give it to one of my siblings, but Mr Z&Z seems to think it's staying here. We'll see, once it's complete.

This is the wall hanging being done by Carole, as part of her City and Guilds course. I wish I was as artistic as she is - the flowers have been done with some sort of fabric paint (I don't know which because I wasn't listening properly...),

 

and today she was adding stitched detail:


She wasn't too keen on these pictures being taken, as she hasn't quite finished, but I love the detail that she's managed to create.




Her City and Guilds exhibition is taking place in Marple library from 3rd July to 10th July, in case you're in the area.

And Anne was making some elephants:


These were in Patchwork and Quilting magazine a few months ago, and it's a Lynne Edwards pattern.

It seemed quite contrary to be inside sewing on such a lovely day - but as ever, it's so nice to have a day off to just get on with a hobby......

No comments: