Wednesday 25 June 2008

Où exactement?


I'd like to claim that in fact I've been travelling to exotic climes, and so had no time to post anything - but alas, although I have been away, it was to Dieppe in France - but lovely nonetheless.

It was only a short visit for 4 days duration, but I struggled to find any places where I could exercise my credit card - just as well though, when the exchange rate sems to be worsening by the day.

I did find one mercerie in Etretat - the beautiful village on the coast, where the cliffs have eroded part of the cliff so now it looks as though an elephant is dipping its trunk in the water - but it was during the pause-déjeuner, and so was closed.

No major advances on the sewing front - but I'm now making a quilt for a nephew. It's an I-Spy quilt, and I bought it as a kit - but am now wishing that I'd taken my time to consider my options before hacking about with my rotary cutter. The patterns on the fabric just aren't small enough for the pieces that I'm cutting, and although I think it will look fun, it won't be as I had planned it.....

No comments: