Monday 9 June 2008

Does it work??
















So, after much huffing and puffing, I finally - after 14 months - uploaded some photos to my PC. Time to see if I can transfer them here.....

And if all has gone smoothly, we should be able to see a photo of the cushion made by me for my mother, Mrs F, last year......

I bought it as a kit, although shamefully I can't remember who made it. Jim and I had travelled down to Oxfordshire for the day to take some things to my brother and his family. After a swift cup of coffee, we started on the journey home, but then decided to pause in Shipston-on Stour for sustenance. Needless to say, Jim found a CAMRA pub, where he sampled the local ale, and I settled for J2O (oh! the joys of being the driver....).

But it was all to the good, as we then visited Burford Needlework, and rather than pace up and down as usual, Jim volunteered to come into the shop, having mellowed with the intake of beer - and proceeded to find the design, and suggested that I make it for Mrs F. At that time she had a dog which looked remarkably like the ones depicted.

Well, of course it took months to finish - and during this time, the afore mentioned dog passed away - leading to a real dilemma over the Christmas present - should it be handed over or would it be too painful.

in the end, as Mrs F had got another puppy, I felt that she would perhaps appreciate her gift.

It's always proudly on display whenever I go to visit her - of course, it may well live in a cupboard for the rest of the year....

1 comment:

Secondhand Blessings said...

I'm impresssed with your artistic abilities (needlepoint & quilting)
I do cross-stitch myself, I've never attemted to quilt anything. I have bought a few things to teach myself to quilt and sew, but I haven't started a project as of yet. I can barely thread my sewing machine, perhaps I had better stick with hand-sewing!
Take care,
Brenda