Wednesday 21 May 2008

NPG

There's nothing more self-indulgent than spending the whole evening sewing - and what could be better than spendng that evening with a group of likeminded friends.

So every month I make the 70 mile round journey to Nottingham to go to the gathering of Nottingham Patchwork Group. We meet in the Mechanics Institute and much hilarity is had by all.

And it's customary to take along some work to be getting along with - so I took some needle-turn appliqué, following a workshop with Connie Cole in Burton Joyce.

Well, people keep telling me how soothing and relaxing it is - and it probably is - when you get the hang of it. I'm trying to do a wallhanging of a geranium, and all I can say is that it looks nothing like a geranium - unless it's a very rare breed with pointy leaves. It's getting more and more worn and tattered, the longer I hold it in my hand.

I'm determined to finish it though, so will persevere.....

No comments: