Saturday 17 May 2008

Saturday BOM

I spent the day at Patchwork Direct, in Darley Dale, taking part in the BOM (Block of the month) class that I joined nearly two years ago.

The idea is that you go along every month, and make another block for your sampler quilt, and at the end of a set period of time (depending on how big you want your quilt to be) you have a lovely quilt to show for all your tireless efforts.

Needless to say, I did as directed for about 5 months, and then decided to do my own thing instead....

Frustratingly, if only I'd done as I was supposed to, my sampler quilt would be complete now....

Today I did manage to complete a block for (oh how ironic) a different sampler quilt which I'm making - it's 'Wagon Wheel' from "Underground Railroad" by Eleanor Burns.
I'm using traditional, quite muted colours - and can honestly say that it doesn't fit into any room in this house in terms of colour schemes.

I do intend to post some photos here - but the digital camera is still refusing to give up its bounty, and I may have to resort to more violent measures.

Tomorrow's plans (such as they were - go to John Lewis to look at garden furniture, and spend some time tidying up the house) have been sidelined by an invitation to join friends at Crich Tramway Museum, which is about 45 minutes away - weather permitting, of course.

No comments: