Tuesday 19 August 2008

Back again.....

I haven't been able to get near a PC for some time, due to all sorts of family kerfuffle, and hopefully all that is sorted out now, so at last I can get on with bits and bobs for myself.

But I did manage to fit in a visit to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. It's probably the biggest quilt show in the UK, lasting four days and taking place at the NEC. I shopped (of course!) admired the fantastic quilts on display, and took past in a quick workshop run by Gail Lawther.



This is a quilt that was done at the workshop that I go to once a month - and the maker (Ann) is already well on her way with her entry for next year as well......



This is what I should have completed in the work shop - but I didn't get quite this far - the plan is to get it completed by the weekend and up on the spare room wall.....



I also had a wee something through the post, that I'd forgotten about in fact - it's the fabric for the Tropical Frothy quilt in Kaffe Fassett's book Quilts in the Sun.

No comments: