Saturday 2 August 2008

Nine Patch

After I had recovered (by having a faff about) from the exhaustion of cutting out what seemed to be a neverending sequence of squares, I started to sew them together:




The plan is to make a snowball quilt with them, and hopefully I'll be able to find a suitable background colour today - I'm going to patchworkdirect for a day of sewing and no responsibilty - what bliss!!

I also made this bag over the weekend - it's from a kit by the bramble patch, and I had planned to make it for a friend who's expecting a baby. It was so easy to put together, and gave me a chance to practise free-motion quilting - somthing I like to put off (and off and off....).



Ooops. It appears to have been filled by me instead....


As usual, I'm setting off for a workshop armed somewhat ambitiously with five projects, all in various stages of production. By the end of the day I hope to have got work done on at least two of them - putting borders on - and making some more nine-patch blocks for my snowball quilt.

But there's also a project waiting to be started - my SBS quilt, for which I printed a number of instructions off yesterday. I've set myelf a target of completing two blocks by the end of tomorrow...

No comments: