Tuesday 28 October 2008

chickens


This is what I worked on yesterday. It's called 'rennende Hühner' (running chickens), and I purchased the pattern in Heidelberg, Germany, earlier this year.
For some reason it appears to have come out with a very blue tinge - the background fabric is in fact light green (perhaps taking photos late at night isn't the way to go???).
I found it really tricky at first - the templates were in centimetres, and I'm too used to working in inches, so I had to redraft some bits of it.
It's now waiting for borders, and embellishments in the form of legs / beaks etc.
And what else has been going on?
Let's recap -

1) We have no bathroom to speak of - basic facilities, yes, but no more - and I'm getting fed up of wshing in a small basin. The plumber can't come back until the plasterer has been - he's due this weekend - and then it has to dry out for a few days.

2) Because the bathroom now needs plastering, we will be left with the large hole in the bedroom ceiling until the plasterer can fit us in again - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sometime before Christmas

3) The sewing machine shop didn't send the carrier for my Bernina 440QE yesterday - so it's getting less and less likely that it will be sorted by the end of the week.


We are therefore throwing caution and frugality to the wind .......
.......and running away for a few nights!!!!

Yeah!!!

We're only going about an hour away, but I am so looking forward to being able to have a shower / sleep in a room that doesn't have a (very cold) hole in the middle of it. The only downside is that I've been told I can only take one piece of sewing with me.

Decisions, decisions.

What will it be???

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my gosh your chickens are so cute!!! Lol*