Monday 28 September 2009

We have pictures at last!!!

I took my camera and associated wires and bits and bobs into work today, to see whether the problem with downloading was with the camera or the PC.

I managed to find one that was operating just fine.

Mind you, the temptation was then to download all zillions and zillions of holiday photos - but I managed to be firm with myself, and just download a few to show here, as well as uploading to a couple of other places.

First up is a mini quilt that I made for the monthly challenge on the yahoo BQL (and if only I could remember how to put in hyperlinks....).

The idea is that every month you make a small quiltlet and post a photo for everyon else to admire. The catch is that the password for the following month is only released to those who manage to get a photo up by the end of the month. Miss the password - and you have to figure out the challenge for yourself, based on the photos that others have put up......




What with one thing and another, I've missed a number of deadlines, so I figured that I may as well have a go - I looked at the photo, and it was log cabin - one of my personal favorites. It's made with 1" strips, and has ended up about 10.5" wide. I love the way it's worked out - but I'm not happy with my quilting - I was being too slapdash again.....

Secondly, here are the blocks that I got back as part of a bock swap with quilter in Montana. The theme was 'Autumn' and all blocks had to be made with batiks. I absolutely love every block I've received - and can't wait to start getting them together (yes, hmm, that 'll be sometime next summer then...).



I was supposed to make 20 blocks, but ended up making 23 (it's a long story...) - so I think I'll probably make another 1, which gives me 24 - a nice round number - to make a quilt from.

And lastly for today - look at this lucious creation!!



Alas, not one of mine - I paid 25p for it (woefully underpriced) at a sale at my local quilting group. The lady who made this just likes to make them for fun.

She can come and live at my house any time she likes!!!

Needless to say, within about 5 minutes of buying it, something strange had happened:

Wonder how many Weight Watcher points are in one home made cupcake.......

No comments: