Sunday 21 September 2008

Fat 1/4 Bear



What a handsome chap.


Well, I thought so anyway, so I went to a workshop today organised by Nottingham Patchwork Group

As pessimistic as usual, I assumed that I wouldn't get it finished, so didn't take everything I needed with me. But I was pleasantly surprised not just to finish, but to finish with about 40 minutes to spare! So my bear isn't sporting a ribbon (and on the journey home one of his arms fell off, but I think that's due to my poor ladder stitch rather than anything else).

Here's the table of completed bears....



... and some not so completed bears.


This is my effort ...



.. and this is what it became.


He does look very unhappy - it could be because his arm is being held on by a pin in this picture, or it might be because I overstuffed the arms, so that they stick out at 90 degrees instead of dangling in a comfortable manner - or it may be because I sewed his mouth on upside down, so he isn't smiling...... but perhaps he just looks very worried...

I have to say, I actually think I will make some more of these for (un)fortunate small children of my acquaintance (once I've found out where I can get safety eyes and stuffing from).
But one of the best bits was the fact that it got finished.
I know that seems almost pathetic, but at least I was able to come home with a finished object, rather than walking in the door brandishing a collection of what quite frankly looks like a bundle of scraps, and having to describe what they might one day become.....

2 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh now the green bear doesn't look all that unhappy! Lol* He looks quite sweet in my opinion! :)

How might a girl living in the States with two little girls get her hands on that teddy bear pattern??? *winks*

Annie said...

I absolutely LOVE your bear!

: )