Monday 15 September 2008

UFO challenge update




I have so MANY unfinished projects, so I've signed up to the challenge at Finn's website because I HAVE TO FINISH SOMETHING.

So by December I hope to have finished at least four things:

a) Hallowe'en quilt top - I started this last October, and have done about 3/4 of the top
b) Day lily lap quilt - in the same state as the Hallowe'en quilt
c) triangles lap quilt - this has been basted and I've started to quilt it - BUT progress has slowed since I realised that one block was in upside down
d) nativity wall hanging - the top is nearly done, and I've purchased the backing...

Maybe this way I'll get them finished (or at least a little further along....).

BUT

all the best laid plans go awry.

I went out yesterday with Jim to buy a new bath...

and bought two new sofas as well. Ooops.

The delivery charge was too much, so instead I hired a van this afternoon, we drove to the shop, loaded them up and then unloaded them into the only room with any space in it - which is the kitchen. Even then, not everything went smoothly - the smaller sofa was ridiculously heavy - when we tried to lift it out of the shop, we found out that it was in fact a sofa bed - but the shop told us to go ahead, take it anyway, even though it wasn't supposed to be in the deal. By the time all this was over, there was no time (or space) left to get everything out.

So much for resolutions.


Wedensday evening is my next free evening, and I've now written 'sewing time' in my diary, to make sure that I get some done.


Today's picture therefore, is another one from the Festival of quilts. I think this may have been the one that won best hand quilting, but I couldn't be certain....

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my gosh is that quilt amazing. I never thought to do black and white in this type of way. How on earth did she achieve the eye trick there in the center? Is it the cut of fabric? Wow!