Sunday 14 September 2008

Update


I know there are some (well, a few) people who do read this, and so I'd like to reassure them that no, I haven't fallen off the end of the world, although the blog hasn't been updated and emails haven't been answered.

It's been very hectic though.

So hectic in fact that very little sewing has taken place.

The new windows went in, although with my reluctance to let anything go which could come in handy later, several panels of stained glass are now in the shed 'just in case'.

But while they were going in, an awful lot of plaster came off the walls - to be fair, it's because the windows had rotted, and the damp had spread to the walls.

What that means is yet more upheaval, as we now have to peel off the wallpaper in rooms, and then arrange for a plasterer to come round and patch up the gaping holes that have appeared. I though I could do it myself - until I saw just how widespread it was....

Added to which, the new bathroom is (finally) scheduled for the start of October -

and term started again last week.

I always think that I'll be better prepared each September, but no, every year it's the same - rush, rush, rush.

So instead of showing you photos of my crumbling plaster, my lovely new windows, or the forlorn heap of fabric waiting to be transformed, I've posted a photo of a quilt I admired at the Festival of quilts instead - I liked the use of colour.

2 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Zannah, thanks for stopping by at my blog Pieces *VBS* And welcome aboard the NYE UFO challenge.
I'm so very happy to have you joining us. The more the merrier!
I've got your blog addy now and will get you added to the list for 4 UFOs. This is a no pressure challenge, and no quilt police will call on you! Even one finish is a victory, I think. I love the little wallhanging you made with your new machine! Happy stitching, hugs, Finn

The Calico Cat said...

That is a lovely quilt - did you make it? (Caught your name on Finn's list.)