Tuesday 3 February 2009

SNOW!!!!

Well, after much excitement, the snow arrived.

And stayed.

All day.

This is what the garden looked like from above:

and at ground level:

Just to prove that it was really really deep:


(Yes, oh cynical friends of mine - that does show 6 inches of snow - so no, I wasn't making it all up....)

And why doesn't the snow fall through the slats on the picnic table???




So, even though school is open again tomorrow, I can't get there by car, as I'm still snowed in, so it's on with the boots tomorrow, up with the walking poles, and a brisk hike up the hill to catch the bus.


On a brighter note, I got some sewing done - just about finished the border on a quilt top - but am 6 inches short of plain black and none to be found in the house - grrrr.


And I started my very first block for SBS - Handy Andy - finally!!!!!!


Got half way through paper piecing it - it's the wrong size.


Yep - I printed it out too small, and so it's going to end up 5.5 inches across, instead of 6.5.

My own fault - but I've enjoyed doing it, and hopefully will attempt the full size one later this week.

No comments: