Wednesday 4 February 2009

Stash update

Tonight I'm packing for my weekend - I'm going on a quilt retreat with Threads and Patches, in Milton Keynes. Perhaps not the most glamourous or picturesque location in the world - but I plan to spend every minute stitching .....

The tutor this year is Barbara Chainey (last year it was Angela Madden), and we've been sent a list of provisions to get.

The workshop on Saturday is based on her latest book (which I just happen to have, after an Amazon spending spree...):



First up - 8 fat quarters, including 2 light and 2 dark, ideally on a similar theme. So here's my selection:



This is WAY out of my comfort zone - I don't think I've ever used that aqua colour before - so it will be a really useful learning experience. I chose one colour - and then the very kind people at Hannah's room sorted out the rest for me....

There's also a Japanese bag session - I need 2 fat quarters for this - so here are the three that I have (just in case....).



When I got in from my trudge home through the snow, look what was waiting for me:



I'm a member of the Beautiful Batik Club, run by Hannha's room - and every two months I get 6 fat quarters through the post. It's always a complete surprise as to what will arrive.
So no more posts until I get back.
Hopefully I will have some scrummy things to show you (or maybe not.....).

No comments: