Monday 9 March 2009

Progress

Here's the top of the gymkhana quilt:



No borders added yet - not too sure what to do - perhaps two borders, a red and then a brown?

And here's the batik top, with borders nearly on:



I've also been practising my machine appliqué - this was a freebie from the retreat I went on - 2 squares of fabric, and 8 'sticky hearts' - they were adhesive, so all I had to do was to peel off the backing, stick them on the right place and then press with the iron to make sure they stayed where I wanted them.







I then went round each one with the blanket stitch on the machine - and it was SO much easier than I had thought it would be (LOL).

Rather than lay these bits out on my bed, or one the floor, as I usually do, I decided that, now the bedroom has been decorated, to hang them from the picture rail and step back.

What a different perspective!!

In fact, I've left the batik one hanging up as it looks so much better than it does draped on a table in my sewing room. It just about fits across the chimney breast, and is a real splash of colour in an otherwise monochrome room in shades of neutral.
The only downer is that my camera, after being ill for some time, appears to be on its last legs. When it's turned off, the lens cover think no longer shuts, and so it won't be long before the lens gets badly scratched.
And today, when I was trying to use the zoom, it just wouldn't move, but then creaked noisily into action.
All in all, I think it's probably had it.
And I don't know how economical it would be to get it fixed.
Even supposing I could find somewhere to get it mended.
So what now?
Another 'point and press'??? No effort involved in using it - but perhaps not enough options for taking diferent types of picture.
Or do I invest in something more expensive? - but then again, I don't think that the pictures I take would necessarily justify the expense.

2 comments:

Jennyff said...

I love the gymkhana quilt, I know a little girl who would love it too. The batik is also gorgeous, like a stained glass window. Hope you sort out the camera so we can see more. Mine wouldn't shut down once after I dropped it eventually repaired itself and was OK again.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Wow, you have been stitchin' up a storm! Everything is so beautiful...