Tuesday 24 March 2009

Still here - but still busy

No posts for while now - the PC at home has been playing up a lot - it now takes over 20 minutes just to turn it on, and accessing the internet is alomost impossible.

Any plans for shopping / blogging / working have to be carefully planned - picnic lunches have to be made and taken upstairs, and I often plan to do things like phone my mum while I'm fighting with technology.

I'd planned to get a better base unit (is that what it's called???), but then the fuel bill arrived yesterday. According to the fancy schmancy graphs that they've included with their demand for money, we're using far less gas and electricity than last year - so why oh why did I nearly collapse with shock when I opened the envelope??? The 'updating the kitchen' budget has already been diverted to the 'summer holiday' fund, and the decorating fund is periously low - so nothing else for it - no new PC this month..... (and, more worryingly, no updating of stash...)

No photos either - I left my camera at home this morning - but there should be some up soon (I have a new camera, and I can't wait to see what the photos look like... - I know you can see on the little screen at the back, but it's not the same as on the PC monitor.

So what have I been up to?

  • I've been to a workshop with Sandie Lush - incredible - can't recommend it enough. More detail later.
  • I also went to a workshop on folded patchwork - hmmm - think I need to work on this a bit more.
  • Took 90 11 and 12 year olds to Boulogne in France for the day (yes, from Derbyshire - we left at 11.30 at night, arrived at 8.30 - spent the day in france, and got back at about 10.30 in the evening...).
  • Made a 'quiltlet' with a photo in it - pictures as soon as possible!!!
  • Spent Mothering Sunday with my grannie and about 30 of her descendants (ie mum / aunts / cousins / siblings / nieces / nephews) - a beautiful sunny day in the Cotswolds!!!

And I leave for Stuttgart on Sunday, for a week - not much time to get projects completed by then (but plenty started!!!).

1 comment:

Jennyff said...

You are certainly keeping busy, look forward to the photographs - but only when you have time.