Tuesday 16 February 2010

Be thankful for the small things

The hecticness is threatening to come back - but hurrah, it's staying under control.


Above is a timely reminder of the need to slow down a little, and take some time to appreciate what is going on. As part of the fundraising for Haiti, one could order and have delivered (anonymously) a cupcake to anyone else in school on Friday. The one above was delivered to me at about 10.00am, with no guidance as to from whom it had come.

To be honest, I thought it was a wind-up.


It turned out to have to come from a colleague - who thought that the whole team needed a big cupcake shaped hug. A reminder that it's people who make life fun - not meeting statistical targets ......


On Saturday I went to a quilting workshop with Connie Cole, in Nottingham, to mae a small trip around the world. I've admired these for some time, but never managed to make one - it's all those small pieces, I'm afraid!!


I was very pleased to find out that it was put together with strip pieces, so after the initial cutting (and pressing - am I the only peson who loathes pressing?), it was relatively straightfoward, as long as you took it step by step.



These are my fabrics - not my usual choice at all ...



and these are Lyn's.



By 4pm I'd completed 2 blocks - they're on the left in this picture. The plan is to now make 2 more and produce a small wall hanging.

Lyn had also brought along her latest completed project. It's a BOM from Antique Angel, with stitchery as well as patchwork. Unfortunately, this particular BOM is no longer available.

I've been trying to upload a picture, but blogger appears to be a real go-slow at present - hopefully I can get one up later....

I've never tried stitchery, but I'm assured that it's very easy, so I'm going to have a go with one of the little kits that I picked up last weekend.

No comments: