Sunday 21 February 2010

Late night Sunday rush

Today is the last day of halfterm, so I've been frantically been getting on with bits and pieces, before the hecticness of tomorrow sets in again.

Plans were slightly put on hold when we got up to see that this had happened - 4 inches of snow overnight - and no forecast of any such thing happening!


Photos taken at 10 am this morning.


By 10 am, there were 4 inches of snow in the drive - which yesterday had been absolutely clear!!
After a leisurely walk up to the shop to get some milk, and a call in at the café, I got on with finishing my red and white challenge quilt. For some reason, I didn't have enough cut for the border, so I need to get on with that next weekend.


Not a good photo, I'm afraid - Mr Z&Z was only willing to hold this up on the landing, and some random clothing appears to have crept into shot in the bottom right hand corner. It has tunred out to be pretty big - some of the other participants were commenting that they had found it to be too small. Perhaps we in the UK just have smaller beds and bedrooms?


I also got on with cutting up the bargain jelly roll that I picked up two weeks ago. So far I've made 110 4-patch blocks with it - and that's it.... It's going to go to a friend's daughter when (if) it's completed.

I offered my sister my trip around the world quilt from yesterday as a birthday present - she has alas declined it. I hope to see her next weekend, and will hopefully persuade her that it would look fabulous in her house. It's part of my campaign to persude her that homemade doesn't always mean that things have to look as though they've just been cobbled together.....

No comments: