Saturday 20 February 2010

Saturday progress

Remember this from last week?



After some work last night in the Friday sew along, this is what it now looks like. I made another 4 blocks, to use up the fabric, and put a first border on it. I loved having to 'force' myself to get on and get sewing - especially with virtually nothing on TV, and I think the Friday night SewIn will need to become a regular feature in my diary.
I really liked doing this - it was quick and fun to put together. I don't know what to do now - whether to extend it any further or whether to leave it as it is - perhaps with another border on though??

I spent today sewing today at the LQS with some friends, and managed to get a lot of my red and white challenge completed. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to put some of the blocks into my bag - so this was I far as I managed to get.


I wasn't sure about this - but it's really growing on me now! I need to just locate the missing blocks - and then I can get it completed!!

This is what other folks were up to:

This is Anna's first ever quilt - just waiting for the binding to be stitched down. This was accomplished over 2 days, which is pretty impressive!


And this is Tracy's Sunbonnet Sue - I wish I'd taken some more close ups, because the detail is phenomenal! Every one of the characters has been embellished in some way with beads and buttons. There's one little scene in the rain and Tracy has sewn on little sparkly beads for the raindrops! She's used rubbery fabric for wellies, and furry fabric for sheep. I really love it - it's destined to go to her 4 year old granddaughter - I hope the granddaughter appreciates all the work that's gone into this!!

3 comments:

Jandi said...

All I can say is "Wow". Everything is gorgeous!

Jennyff said...

You've made such progress, you must be really pleased. I'm wouldn't put another border on the first quilt (but then I am hopeless at patchwork), unless you need to make it bigger.

Zannah said...

Jenny - I think you're probably right. It's a bit of a strange size - neither a throw nor a quilt - but as it was basically a workshop practice piece, I don't mind too much!