Thursday 12 November 2009

Sleigh bells ring, but I'm not listening (yet...)

Yesterday the Christmas decorations went up at work.

So now, if I want to use the photocopier, or get a cup of tea, or get my post, I have to walk into a room with three Christmas trees, enough tinsel to reach to Lapland and back, and a small and bedraggled crib scene.

There are more than 6 weeks to go.

I find it all quite depressing.

The whole sense of occasion and build-up has vanished - I keep thinking 'oh gosh - is that late in year already?', before reminding myself that it isn't, actually.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Christmas / decorating / baking / wrapping things up / Midnight Communion / the whole shebang - but December is time enough to get started.....

2 comments:

Jennyff said...

I remember how depressed I got at work when the decs went up, and that was usually well into December. If they'd gone up mid November I've have had to retire much earlier. Cheer up, there are plenty of sane people who feel as you do.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I agree about the Christmas decorations. People have already put up trees in their homes here. And the ads have been on the tv since before Halloween. For some reason it depresses me to see all the Christmas hoop-de-doo so early in the fall.