Saturday 7 November 2009

sunshine at last

Hurrah!

At long last we've woken up to some sun instead of the constant rain that we've had for the last week. The washing machine is churning away so that hopefully we can get at least some items dry on the line before the heavens open again.

I've spend some time so far this morning looking for fabric from my stash for the red and white challenge - but no luck. So it looks like a trip to the LQS.....

And this is where I have a dilemma - do I go to the small (and friendly) shop which is about 15 minutes away, in the city, but which has a very small range of fabric - or do I hop in the car, leave Mr Z&Z at home to mind the washing, and drive for 30 minutes to the much larger shop which has a stunning array of stock - and which means that I drive through Chatsworth park as well??


gouk.about

The last couple of times I've driven past the house I've been lucky enough to see a herd of deer wandering about.

The other reason for going a long way, apart from the chance to meander through the beautiful Peak District, is because I have an essay due in on Thursday evening, as part of my Spanish course that i've taking at the local university. I have to produce 800 words on the life, work and importance of a Peruvian.

My mind is blank.

The only Peruvian I could think of is this one:

I have been tempted to write about Paddington Bear, just to see what the tutor would say - but have realised that this would probably be a foolish option, and rather than risk failing this module, I'd better get my textbook open (having had it out from the university library for 3 weeks, it's still unopened....) and get on with it.

800 words isn't that much after all, and at least I'm writing it in English - so I think it's a question of gettng my fabric (MUCH more important!!!), coming home, chucking it in the machine and then setting off with my essay, pausing only to scuttle into the garden to hang out acres of cotton...

Time to go and shop, I feel.....

No comments: