Sunday 29 November 2009

We have Lift-Off!!!

When I got in last night from a quilting thing (more later), it was to find that the new PC had been delivered, and that Mr Z&Z had got it up and running (rather than cleaning the kitchen, but hey, I think that's understandable!).

So here I am - absolutely gobsmacked at how much quicker and simpler everything is. Now I sound like my own mother, but I was a little taken aback to turn on the new PC, glance out of the window, and then look back at the screen to see that it was already ready to go!!

Loading photos has gone from a marathon endurance effort to something that is quick and efficient!!

So now that I've downloaded over 1500 photos in the same space of time it used to take me to do 5 - here's what we did yesterday:


These were the class samples that Connie, the tutor, had made up. The idea is that you can either have 6 triangles which you can put together to form a large hexagon, and you can rotate depending how the mood takes you - or you can sew it together as a large hexagon. It's based on 8 colours, and you only need a tiny bit of each.

These are my colours :


Sewing was minimal - Janet had assembled all these without using needle or thread:


I can't remembe rthe name of the lady who had done these ones:

but as you can see, she's started to add the'lead' for the stained glass effect. Some were happy to make their own bias binding - others (like me) resorted to using the iron-on version.

In case you're wondering - yes, I did get some done - but at this stage the memory card on my camera was full - so hopefully some photos tomorrow....

Show and tell was quite brief (there were only 8 of us at this point) - but I really do like to see what everyone has been up to.

Janet had made a quilt for her daughter for Christmas, and Avis had quilted it on her long arm machine:


Sally had bought the kit for this at the Festival of quilts, from Critter patterns, and had made it up:


...although she still had a small amount of binding to sew down....

Connie brought these along - it's about a year's work (I think), and I know the picture is the wrong way up - but I think you can get the general idea. They were beautifully done.

I need to develop some more patience of I'm ever going to be able to make anything like this.

No comments: