Sunday 27 July 2008

Is summer here?


Finally the weather seems to be getting better - at last it's warm enough to think that maybe, just maybe the summer is here after all. Mind you, it's always warm enough for ice-cream.....
Day four of the school holidays - and still no quilting done. But I've done some more needlepoint, and have spent a lot of time clearing out the sewing room.
"Sewing room" is a very grandiose term for a small bedroom that I've appropriated for my own use. When we moved in, I was sure that it would be more than big enough, but in less than six months it's become obvious that there just isn't space in there for everything - there are piles of fabric everywhere, as well as the WIPs and UFOs galore.
So I've filled up a number of storage boxes - the CD ones are execllent for fat quarters - and tried to organise it all. The stack of magazines is enormous, and will probably topple over at some point - I need to go through them and sort out what's to be kept, and what can be passed on to someone else.
I have be very hardhearted now, and force myelf to keep it tidy (tidier?) and get some projects finished, instead of starting another one.
I took a small step (well, a miniscule step) yesterday when I was passing a quilt shop in Ollerton, Heath's Country Store
and managed to not go in.....which was pretty hard as I could do with some more fabric to finish off a WIP - but I know I'll be passing again in about six weeks time...
The plan for today is to go and buy a barbecue, ready for my sister's visit next weekend, and to then finish 'sorting' the sewing room, without getting too distracted by what I unearth along the way.

No comments: