Tuesday 15 July 2008

Pass the jam, Jim


Well, not literally.

Here is the product of 2 hours of blood sweat and tears, as I conjured up my very first jam - EVER!!!!


Okay, I know that I'm suppoed to be writing about quilting / needlepoint / embroidery - but as usual, my attention span is somewhat limited, and so rather than complete a UFO, I thought I'd deal with the gooseberries my mother gave me when I went to admire the puppy ten days or so ago.

But why, if this is gooseberry jam, is is red instead of green?

And why did I not put the elastic band on properly, I hear you ask? It wouldn't go on, that's why. They kept pinging about the kitchen until I was well and truly sick and tired of them - and so I ended up just jamming (lol) them on any old how.

Of course, if I were a truly diligent housewife / homemaker, I would now make some lovely jam pot covers, but as usual, I now want to move onto something else....

Jim has so far refused to sample it (but he will soon......). Meanwhile the garden continues to grow - and grow - and grow...

No comments: