Thursday 24 July 2008

Strip top



And here it is. I got it finished on Sunday evening (10.30pm!!) as I was so determined to get it done by the end of the weekend - I knew that otherwise it would join the pile of UFOs in the spare room. I still need to add a border (or two...).

Of course, there's still the stage I loathe - the basting. Why does it seem to take so long?



And here it is again, with Jim holding it up in the back garden. As you can see, summer in Sheffield is proving to be rather rainy and cold - so much for July!

Today is the first day of the summer holidays -HOORAY - five and a half weeks away from school. I love teaching - but I also like having the time to do my own thing....

So today I'm going to a spa with my friend - no quilting today - but instead a chance to gossip and relax....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job you have done on your quilt it looks fabulous! I cannot believe how green your grass is, it is the middle of winter here and we are still on water restrictions due to our drought! We have had very little rain this season so far in Australia!
Cheers Erica