Tuesday 15 July 2008

Quilts Through The Pages

Quilts Through the Pages
Powered By Ringsurf


I'm a big fan of the Elm Creek novels, and when I read on the SBS forum about this, and looked on Anne Ida's website http://quiltoholiker.blogspot.com/ I just had to sign up.

I've been meaning to make an SBS quilt for a while now - but it's such a massive undertaking that I just daren't start - which is a bit silly, given that it's made up of so many small blocks. reading other people's blogs and accounts has made me realise that it will be a long WIP, and not one that I can just dash off...

2 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh yay! Thank you so much for dedicating an entire post to the Quilts Through the Pages blog ring! I'm really hoping it takes off, I LOVE seeing all the quilts people have made from the series, and meeting new quilters!

Yes yes yes, make an SBS quilt!!! :) I have been working on mine for about a year off and on and it'll probably take me a good five more to get anywhere near finished! Lol* But it's totally fun. :)

Anne Ida said...

Hi!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Happy you like my backpack :o) It has been one of those UFOs that I've been feeling really bad about not finishing! And I'm so glad it's done now :o)

Cool you have signed up for the Quilts Through the Pages blog ring!! But I can't find you on the ring list - have you remembered to confirm your membership on the ring site? You might also want to link to it in your sidebar...

YES!!! You have to make an SBS!!! *lol* I love the quilt so much! And the 6" blocks really aren't THAT small! Start with some of the simpler blocks, and take it from there :o) And if by chance you should grow tired of them you can make something else with them - they are the perfect size for table runners, cushions, wall hangings, or if you have enough blocks a small quilt :o)

Hope your leg is recovering well! Take care and happy quilting :o)