Monday 28 July 2008

Warm at long last!


Yeah!! At last the skies have turned blue and the warm weather has started. Over to Newark at the weekend to see a friend and her family, which is where I spotted the street above. I don't appear to have captured the full effect in my picture - but all the front doors are a different colour, yet it's been very carefully done, with the colour gradually changing, but not jarring.



And here I am, cuddling my friend's gorgeous baby, who's now all of six weeks old.


Jim decided to make the most of the hot weather - working on an essay...



We planted this hebe in March this year, and thought it would take a couple of years or so to get settled and start to grow - but it's already more than doubled in size!

Even though it's summer holiday time, I still went into work for an hour or four - I love the feeing of stillness, and the fact that at long last I can start to tackle the heap of paperwork that's built up over the year. Hopefully by September I'll be able to see a bit more of my desk....

No comments: